Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer beauty tips anyone?


Hey lovelies! 
I hope you all are having a wonderful day so far!  I was thinking today about beauty tips I really know work and came up with a few.
1.  Exfoliate your whole body at least once a week.  

Especially with summer right around the corner, you want your skin looking really healthy and at its best!  Exfoliation does wonders, and you can either buy it or make it with things you probably have at home.
Thursday, I picked up a peach body scrub from Equate (comparable to Saint Ives) because it was pretty cheap (around $3).   That night I was really excited to use it so I hopped in the shower after Zumba and immediately tried it out.  Unfortunately I wasn't too pleased with it because it wasn't as exfoliating as I would have liked, and since the bottle is so small I almost used half of it just to scrub my body!  I will most definitely NOT be purchasing this again anytime soon.   
Saturday I decided I'm to made my own scrub out of coffee grinds and sugar so I don't have to buy another kind of scrub from the store.  Coffee grinds have multiple perks to using it.  Of course it is very exfoliating, but it also reduces the appearance of cellulite and veins because of the caffeine!
Here is my scrub recipe:
1 c. coffee grinds (fine)- exfoliation+cellulite killer
1/4 c. pure sugar- exfoliate
2 T. olive oil- moisturize
2 drops vanilla/essential oil/perfume- scent

Rub and massage onto body, rinse, then cleanse with your normal soap.
Easy right?
I'll make sure to update you on how it went :)

2.  Exercise 

Which is a necessary evil of the summer.  If you want to stay in shape and healthy, then exercise at least 30 minutes each weekday minimum!  If you think you don't have time for that, I bet if you mapped out your day you would see how much time you really do have that you spend with fillers.  How often do we come home and sit down to watch TV with our family?  Now pick your family up off the couch and go on a walk to the beach, or around a neighborhood, or in the woods.  Anything!  Go walk your dog around the park!  Chances are, you live near to something that is beautiful to walk around.  I live close to DC and I love going there because not only do you see so many incredible things and get a tan, but I also end up walking AT LEAST 5 miles each time I go.  It's awesome :)  You can also take a fun class that you can take with extra time.  I suggest Zumba, Power Yoga and Jazzercise!  Although I have never tried Jazzercise, my friends swear by it and love it!  If you don't know what they are, check it out on youtube!




3.  Drink lots of water!

Hydrating the body can do many things for you.  First off, keep you alive... which is always a plus.  Second, it can make your skin have a healthy glow to it as long as you keep hydrated.  Think of the summer how great you look!  Now think of how often you are around, and drink water.  Put two and two together and wallah!  Finally, drinking lots of water can help you lose weight, which is what a lot of us are trying to do right now.



Do you have any beauty tips that you use during the summer to give you that extra kick to your beauty?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment