Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coffeenilla body scrub

Ok so a couple of days ago I posted this body scrub recipe:

1 c. coffee grinds (fine)- exfoliation+cellulite killer
1/4 c. pure sugar- exfoliate
2 T. olive oil- moisturize
2 drops vanilla/essential oil/perfume- scent

 Yesterday was my first time trying this while showering because I grabbed some extra time away from the world (finally).  My first impression was "wow this is really dirty".  It's like taking dirt and sand out of a mud pit and rubbing it all over your body.  Once I got over how gross my shower was looking because of this, I actually stated liking it.  The coffee grinds and sugar are really exfoliating, while the olive oil leaves your skin feeling moisturized instead of dry and muddy.
I would totally recommend this to anyone, as long as you don't mind cleaning your shower afterword.  The only thing I would do different is add more vanilla or none at all, because I could not smell it whatsoever!  I can tell a difference, and I will be doing this probably once or twice a week... any more and I would probably be damaging my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment